Mindfulness based stress reduction
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an eight week course that teaches evidenced based techniques to reduce stress. It is helpful to people who are suffering a range of chronic conditions including pain, anxiety and depression. The course is run over eight weekly classes of 2.5 hours and there is a full day retreat on a Sunday between week 6 and 7.
Participants will be invited to explore the following practices:
- Experiencing body and mind through yoga and meditation
- Informal and formal mindfulness practices
- Lying down body scan, mindful breathing and walking meditation
- Mindful communication and inquiry related to home practice
- Exploration of patterns of thinking, feeling and action
The MBSR course is taught by Bjorn Mella, who completed his training at the University of Massachusetts Medical School under Jon Kabat-Zinn. For information on future classes or enquiries please contact the clinic.
For more information on the course go to www.openground.com.au