What acupuncture treats
As Acupuncture forms part of a traditional Chinese medical system that has been practiced for thousands of years, it has developed to assist in the treatment of most conditions that people suffer.
Conditions that acupuncture can assist with the treatment of
Conditions most commonly treated in the clinical setting include acute or chronic pain from many different origins such as:
- trauma from accidents
- sporting injuries
- repetitive strains
- recovery from surgery
- arthritic conditions
Acupuncture is also becoming widely recognised for its ability to assist in women’s health issues such as fertility, pregnancy and delivery and menopause. Because of Chinese Medicine’s recognition of the powerful effect of the emotions and mental state on the body. Acupuncture is also being identified as a beneficial treatment modality to assist in managing stress and emotional disorders.
There are three main ways acupuncture therapy can help:
- Acupuncture treats specific conditions to provide relief of symptoms.
- For long term or degenerative conditions, maintenance treatments can help provide a more comfortable state of health and wellbeing. It can also help to reduce medication requirements and in some cases may prevent the need for surgery.
- Chinese Medicine is an effective form of preventative therapy because of its ability to detect and treat imbalances before they lead to disease or disharmony. The earlier the disorder is detected and treated, the better. Regular check-ups or maintenance treatments are recommended.
As previously mentioned, although Chinese Medicine may be relatively new to Western thought, it is a system of medicine that dates back over 3000 years, and as the health complaints of humans haven’t changed drastically over this time, Chinese Medicine is well placed to assist in a large variety of disorders that an individual may present with.
Acupuncture may be able to relieve your painful conditions
Although most people think of Acupuncture as an option for treating pain it has successfully been used to treat a wide variety of conditions, both acute and chronic problems. Some of the conditions suitable for acupuncture treatments include but are not limited to the following.
Please give us a call to talk to one of our Acupuncturists about your particular concerns. Visit our contact page to get in touch with us!
- Painful conditions: such as headaches, migraine, osteoarthritis, post-operative pain
- Musculoskeletal conditions: such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, sports injuries, back and neck pain, tennis elbow, fibromyalgia, rheumatism
- Neurological conditions: such as sciatica, trigeminal neuralgia, stroke sequelae, Bell ’s palsy, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis
- Gynaecological problems: painful menstruation, irregular periods, PMS, menopausal syndrome
- Pregnancy and labour: such as infertility, morning sickness, labour pain, breech presentation of baby, induction of labour
- Gastrointestinal disorders: nausea, vomiting, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhoea, ulcers, loss of appetite
- Ear, nose and throat disorders: such as sinusitis, rhinitis, tonsillitis, sore throat, mouth ulcers, tinnitus, Meniere’s disease
- Urogenital disorders: such as prostatitis, impotence, retained urine, urinary tract infection
- Cardiovascular disorders: such as primary hypotension, high blood pressure, angina pectoris
- Addictions: such as smoking, alcohol, and drug withdrawals
- Paediatric Complaints: bed wetting, insomnia, night terrors, digestive complaints
- Mental/Emotional Problems: stress, anxiety & depression
- Lack of energy: fatigue, Chronic Fatigue, thyroid dysfunction
- Other: common cold and influenza, cough, allergies and immunity, gout, anxiety, stress, insomnia and fatigue, skin disorders…..just to name a few.
If you would like to enquire about any specific conditions not named above please contact us for further information.